Thursday, March 21, 2013

Birthdays, Snow Days, and Lots of Days In Between

24

That's right, I turned the big 2-4. Its kind of sad how when you get older birthdays are less like "YAYAYAYYY celebrate me!!!I'm becoming a grown up!!!" and more like, "Oh man, has it been a whole year since the last time the hubs and I ate a whole funfetti cake??" Time sure does fly, but as I look back on my 23rd year, a lot has happened! I celebrated my first wedding anniversary, moved to the mid west, made many new friends and got even closer to old ones. I met 10 amazing young women in the K-ville 1st ward, up'ed my sewing skills, got some big time experience handling twin babies and have learned the trials and joys of being a "med school wife". Overall, life is good and I have been blessed immensely. Bring it on 24!

Winter Wonderland

So when we first moved here people often warned us of the infamous Kirksville winters. We really were not too worried. We have both traveled across the frozen tundra that is BYU campus during Winter Semester multiple multiple times. We thought we had this whole winter thing in the bag. Well let me tell you, when it snows in Missouri, it SNOWS! We got hit by two storms almost right in a row and in just a few days, we had FEET of snow. Taylor even had classes canceled one day. Well, of course, we wanted to go sledding. Ask Taylor, I've bought a bunch of junk since we have moved here. However, one thing I did not ever get was a sled. So, what do you do when you need ANYTHING and you live in Kirksville, Missouri? Go to Wal Mart! BUT they were SOLD OUT!!!! We were super bummed. But, my genius husband came up with the plan to use the cheap, flimsy, plastic cutting board sheet things (that came from... wait for it.... WAL MART) as sleds. I kinda thought he was insane, but they were the best! I guess that's why he's the one in med school ;) So so so fast! We went to a huge hill right down the street and had a blast. Reminded me of the good old days at the Denton Bridge overpass :) 

Spring Break

For the first time in our lives, we had a spring break! For some reason BYU doesn't like to celebrate spring, but we are oh so glad that ATSU does! We were able to go Utah to see family. We spent most of our time at Tay's parent's house. We played games, chatted tons and got to see so many people we have missed so much. Taylor hit up the Provo for some much needed fly fishing and played lots of ping pong with the bros. I relaxed and enjoyed just having him around. We also went to the Red Iguana in SLC with my brothers and had some good Miller time :) We were only there for about 4 days, but we packed in a lot of awesomeness! We were so blessed to be able to go back home.

In other news...

Not often do things change much in our little life. Just a few small updates:
* I got called to be the Young Women Camp Director in our ward. Look out, Girls camp, I'm coming and bringing all my favorite loud obnoxious songs with me!
* Taylor had a successful second quarter of Med School... finals and the weeks leading up to them were INSANE but he made it through and is hitting the books hard already in all his new classes. 
* I'm planning a trip home this summer and can't wait to see my pregnant and non pregnant besties <3 Beach\day needed!
* At the doctor a few weeks ago (nasty head cold) the nurse measured me and said I was 5ft-1/2in. I'm GROWING. This is big news, people! Under 5-0 no longer! haha wellll I'm not sure if I'm actually growing or if was some other factor (kind sympathetic nurse, shoes, messed up measurer thing, or all of the above) but you better believe that's my new answer when people ask how tall I am. Score!
* Tay got his first professional haircut since the mish. Thanks, nice lady at Cost Cutters, for doing a great job with that shaggy head of his.
I'm realizing how lame these are getting and am stopping :) Like I said, not much changes very often in these parts. We are happy, healthy and blessed!!!


2 comments:

  1. Girl!! I am SO EXCITED to see you! I'll be there from the 18-22. Happy 24! It's a good year.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That birthday picture is SO classic in SO many ways. :) I love reading about your life and pretending we are still connected in that way. Keep being awesome!

    ReplyDelete