Monday, September 24, 2012

My Housewife Failures :)

The HAIRCUT! 

So Tay's dad has always doubled as his barber. And he does a great job! Even in college, he was close enough to home to have his dad chop his wild hair every few months. So, when we moved to MO this job became MINE! I bought some nifty color coded comb clippers (holy cow, check out that alliteration!!) and went to town on his red hair!!

BEFORE
Ha I was pretty nervous, but he, being the sweet dude he is, was super nice and told me that no matter what, it would turn out great!

WELL...


AFTER

from far away it looks just fine! Haha but close up... there are definitely some rough spots. Thank goodness I'll have tons more times to practice till he's a professional that has to impress ppl everyday.

Don't always trust Pinterest...

OK, so I found this recipe for "healthy" chicken and dumplings. It had chicken broth (yum), celery, carrots, and onions (all grand!), chicken (awesome) and wheat flour dumplings (whole wheat! = healthy!!). Sounds like the PERFECT meal! And it was in a crock pot, so super awesome easy!
Literally looks like something in a diaper

Well, when I got home I opened the apartment door and BAM it hit me like a ton of bricks.
That SMELL!!!! It was awful! Horribly, truly terribly awful. It was coming from my crock pot :(

And THIS is what I found. Gross, so so so so so gross. It tasted BAD, too. Not just, "oh, honey, I'm sorry this isn't that good tonight" bad. It was not edible!!
NOT AT ALL!

So, it went into the trash and we went to subway.

So, yeah... I'm that good!! :)

Life is still happy in Missouri! My school is crazy... a lot harder than I expected, but good. Taylor is super busy studying his brains out, but doing well. We can't believe September almost OVER! Time flies when you're... BUSY BUSY BUSY! We are still enjoying our mid west adventure.


1 comment:

  1. Found your blog and just wanted to say hi. Glad to hear you're doing well in Missouri. Good job on the haircut - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete